Picture of aaron turner
Spring, 2014 Astronomy Course
by aaron turner - Sunday, 27 October 2013, 04:34 PM

Here we are in late October already, and it is time to line up the next Astronomy course to start in January. If you know of families that are interested, or you can help out with posting an announcement for me on a forum somewhere, please let me know.

Here is the general announcement:

I am pleased to announce that the next Introduction to Astronomy class will begin in January. The course runs through May, 2014, and will meet weekly on Tuesday nights. This course is targeted for ages 8 and up, and provides a comprehensive introduction to the science of Astronomy. Covered topics include the motions of the Earth and Moon, the nature of the various bodies in our solar system, including the planets, asteroids, and comets as well as the Sun itself; the science behind our knowledge of the stars; how stars are born, live, age and die, and the more exotic objects in our universe, including pulsars, quasars, and black holes. Instruction includes chart presentations, demonstrations, and some in-class activities.

The class meets at 7pm. In addition to the presented material, on clear nights there will be an observation session following each class using our 10" reflecting telescope, giving views of Jupiter, Mars, the Moon, many dozen star clusters, galaxies and nebulae. These sessions run from the end of class (typically 8:30-9:00) until the last family decides to leave.

The class meets at our home in Southbury. The price for the class is $160 per student. Payments made in full in the first month of class are discounted to $150 per student, otherwise payment can be made monthly at $40 per student.

Additional details about the course, as well as a gallery of photographs I have made using my astronomical equipment, and my credentials and contact information can be found at www.turnerclasses.com

I am very excited to have this opportunity to present this class for the 13th session, and hope you can join us to expand your child's fascination with science.

Aaron Turner

aaron.n.turner@gmail.com

(203)417-3250